Swisslog Healthcare Solutions Named One of Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2015 by Robotics Business Review
Leader in hospital automation makes the Top 50 Companies to Watch list for fourth consecutive year.
ABB and SVIA to display a compact vision guided robotic machine tending cell at Houstex 2015, Feb 24-26 in Houston
ABB has also opened a 21,000 square foot facility in Houston to better support area customers with the latest robotic manufacturing technology
From IEEE Spectrum:
- Unmanned aircraft must weigh less than 55 lbs. (25 kg).
- Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the operator or visual observer.
- At all times the small unmanned aircraft must remain close enough to the operator for the operator to be capable of seeing the aircraft with vision unaided by any device other than corrective lenses.
- Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly involved in the operation.
- Daylight-only operations (official sunrise to official sunset, local time).
- Must yield right-of-way to other aircraft, manned or unmanned.
- May use visual observer (VO) but not required.
- First-person view camera cannot satisfy “see-and-avoid” requirement but can be used as long as requirement is satisfied in other ways.
- Maximum airspeed of 100 mph (87 knots).
- Maximum altitude of 500 feet above ground level... (full article)
Robotics Business Reviews names Clearpath Robotics to their list of top 50 companies to watch in 2015
By the end of 2017, an estimated two million industrial robots will be operating in factories around the world.
he Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge intends to attract the world's best and brightest in robotics
With the robotics industry more competitive than ever, new companies are popping up all the time.
Critics of automation claim robots are out to replace people. The near future will show that people are definitely in control and will be able to leverage technology for greater profitability and professional satisfaction.
Competition held at the Automate 2015 Show in Chicago, Illinois
If uninterrupted conversations between cars make driving safer, then self-driving cars will become safer as well.
Winners Will Earn Opportunity to Attend DARPA Robotics Challenge, Discuss Future Implications of Robotics on Society
Free App for Smartphones and Tablets Has Everything Pilots Need to Plan, Fly and Track Any 3DR-Powered Drone; Open-Source Code Allows Programmers to Build or Alter Features
Aerospace and defense manufacturing conference and exposition takes place April 20-23 in Dallas
Robotic camera mount tracks, films and zooms in and out automatically to capture your every movement
ROBO-STOX Strategic Advisory Board member Raffaello D'Andrea to become the second board member to receive the prestigious Engelberger Robotics Award.
Records 1771 to 1785 of 6359
Industrial Robotics - Featured Product
Mechatronic Motion Solutions from Festo is a unique system of components, modules, and software. It integrates all types of pneumatic, servopneumatic and (electro)mechanical automation motion and combines them according to your task. Irrespective of the control system environment you use, Mechatronic Motion Solutions always provides the appropriate interfaces. The fingers can be actively moved and their strength amplified; the operator's hand movements are registered and transmitted to the robotic hand in real time. The objectives are to enhance the strength and endurance of the human hand, to extend humans' scope of action and to secure them an independent lifestyle even at an advanced age.