Robotic surgeons trade dry lab models, cadavers, and frozen tissue training options for virtual reality simulation
Eleven teams to vie for $1.5 million prize; WPI to serve as host site for second year.
nRad System for R&D Applications to be Showcased at nTact Booth 317.
Each robot has three buttons for user interface and a 3-axis accelerometer. The brain behind all these features is the ATmega128RFA1 by Atmel, running at 16MHz. It integrates an 8-bit AVR microcontroller with an 802.15.4-compliant and ZigBee-capable radio transceiver operating in the 2.4GHz band. Out of the box, it communicates at 250kbps over the air, but with custom firmware you can enable speeds of up to 2Mbps for an 8X increase in throughput.
- Atmel AVR Microcontroller: Compatible with Arduino so you can re-flash with your own firmware using the on-board bootloader
- ZigBee-Capable Radio: Communicate wirelessly with an 802.15.4-compliant radio, create mesh networks, control and monitor remotely
- Multi-Color (RGB) LED: Select from a full spectrum of colors
- 3-Axis Accelerometer: Detect free-falls, bumps, tilt angles
- Buzzer: Play notes or complete tunes, give audio responses to inputs
- RJ11 (6P4C) Expansion Connector: Use a standard phone cable to connect our Bluetooth/breakout boards or your own electronics to your Linkbot's power and I2C bus
- 3x Buttons - Easily control Linkbot modes and functions or write custom functions for button presses
- Micro-USB Connector: Connect to a computer or charger with a standard Micro-USB cable
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery: Run your Linkbot for over 3 hours for most applications before having to charge
- High Torque:Weight-ratio Motors: Light-but-strong motors produce up to 100oz-in of torque
- Absolute Encoding: Precisely control and measure speeds and angles down to 0.5 degrees
- BaroboLink Software: Graphical interface lets you run programs, actuate motors and read sensors on your computer
- Polycarbonate Housing: Super-durable, drop-tested from second-story building (not recommended) so it can handle your demanding projects
- SnapConnector Mounting Surfaces: Quickly connect and remove wheels, connecting plates, grabbers, even multiple Linkbots; or connect your own accessories with standard screws
Shrum joined QNA from Camber Corporation, where he was vice president and division manager of modeling, simulation and training.
Romo is an adorable miniature robot that harnesses the powerful processor in your smartphone, making him an affordable personal robot you'll want to take home to your family.
Low-cost robots are marching into Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
No matter how we look at it, robots are the logical choice at this time to explore the red planet and as we make robots more autonomous, they will be better at their assignments than humans.
The success of the AR.Drone and now the AR.Drone 2 has proven Henri's conviction that there is a large consumer market for this type of entertainment product and that there are other related high-potential markets on the horizon.
We build all our robots around a popular open source robotics development framework, called Robot Operating System (ROS). Since it is open source, it makes it quite simple to integrate with other open source initiatives, like Android.
Supply chain veteran brings more than 25 years of materials handling and distribution expertise to light- and voice-based picking technologies
Eleven teams from across the country and around the globe are preparing to compete for $1.5 million during NASA's 2013 Sample Return Robot Challenge, June 5-7 at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in Worcester, Mass.
Commercial smartphone processes to aid development of air, sea and undersea unmanned military sensors as well
Tennessee Rand Utilizes ATI Products in Flexible Manuafcturing
Records 3886 to 3900 of 6144
Industrial Robotics - Featured Product
Midwest Motion Products Inc., based in Howard Lake, Minnesota, is pleased to announce the release of the new "GRA52" Right Angled Gearmotor System. This new 1:1 Right Angled Gearbox allows for significantly increased versatility, and design whose geometry allows for the unit to be mounted in tight spaces. We employ our Standard Brushed or Brushless DC Motors and Planetary Gearheads to complete the new R/A Design. Features/Benefits: Cost effective design - as low as $250*, Very Versatile - Output Ratios ranging from 3.7:1 to 2076:1, Fully Reversible Design, Readily available - Samples can be built from Stock Material, High Volume capacity.