Stäublis new TX2 line of collaborative robots offers flexibility to adapt to any manufacturing scenario
DUNCAN, S.C. (February 28, 2018) - Stäubli will present an overview of the five stages of Man-Robot Collaboration (MRC) along with a variety of case studies that showcase innovative applications of MRC today at 10:30 a.m. PST at the Molding 2018 conference, held in Long Beach, California. The conference runs through March 1.
Geoffrey Venezuela, western regional sales manager, Stäubli, also will offer an additional look at the integration and programming of systems, overall robotics project development, and Industry 4.0 robotics in a smart factory setting.
Stäubli introduced its TX2 line of collaborative robots to the North American market at the Automate trade show in Chicago last year, ushering in a new era of man-robot collaboration. The line of six-axis machines and corresponding CS9 safety control comply with the stringent requirements of the highest safety category and excel in every facet of automation, including high-volume manufacturing as well as collaborative scenarios.
Stäublis new line offers one robot to cover all five stages of MRC:
• Stage 1: Hard guarding separates the operator and robot. The manufacturing process is performed by the robot.
• Stage 2: Laser (virtual) guarding separates the operator and robot. The manufacturing process is performed by the robot, and the operator enters the area periodically.
• Stage 3: Laser (virtual) guarding separates the operator and robot. The robot and operator are involved in the manufacturing process. The operator enters the zone regularly during production.
• Stage 4: There is no separation between the robot and operator. The robot and operator are involved in the manufacturing process. The robot stops when it comes into contact with the operator.
• Stage 5: There is no separation between the robot and operator. The robot and operator are involved in the manufacturing process. The robot and the operator move safely in the same space simultaneously.
About Stäubli North America
Stäubli North America has over 200 employees supporting Textiles, Connectors and Robotics customers. The companys North American headquarters is located in Duncan, S.C., and the sales force is strategically placed on the West Coast, Canada, Mexico and elsewhere thoughtout the continent.
Stäubli is a leading manufacturer of textile machinery, quick release couplings and robotics systems. With a workforce of over 4,500 employees Stäubli is present in 25 countries supported by a comprehensive distribution network in 50 countries worldwide.
Visit www.staubli.us for more information on the company and products.