Experts from Autonomous Warrior 2018 to attend the 2nd annual Military Robotics and Autonomous Systems conference in April 2019
SMi reports: This year's Military Robotics and Autonomous Systems conference, taking place on the 3rd-4th April, in London, will gather experts from Autonomous Warrior 2018.
In the wake of Autonomous Warrior 2018, the "biggest military robot exercise in British History", Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson announced:
"The focus of Autonomous Warrior has been all-out innovation. The British Army has worked very closely with industry and our US partners to test cutting-edge technology in real-life situations. From securing our resupply routes to improving communication between troops on the ground, we have tested all kinds of prototype unmanned or autonomous vehicles designed that will protect soldiers during combat, ensuring they are ready to respond to the threats of today and tomorrow".
Delegates at SMi's 2nd annual Military Robotics ad Autonomous Systems conference will have the opportunity to continue with this important dialogue and learn from those at the Autonomous Warrior Experiment 2018 including the British Army, industry, academia, Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) and the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) (amongst many other militaries, worldwide)
In addition, delegates will hear from the most informed and world-renowned experts in the field of autonomous and robotic technologies. The experts presenting this year will include:
Host Nation Speakers -
• Lieutenant Colonel Richard Craig, SO1 Capability and Cohesion, Army HQ, British Army
• Major Martin Laverack, Requirements Manager, Special Projects Search and Countermeasures (SPSCM), DE&S, UK MoD
• Major Dr Johnathan Green APMP MCMI, SO2 Military Advisor, CBR Division, DSTL, UK MoD
• Mr Peter Stockel, Innovation Autonomy Challenge Lead, DSTL, UK MoD
Regional Expert Speakers -
• Colonel Warren Sponsler, Deputy Director, Next Generation Combat Vehicle Cross Functional Team, US Army
• Lieutenant Colonel Jan Mazal, Doctrine Education and Training Branch Chief, NATO Modelling & Simulation
• Major Tapio Saarelainen, Research and Development Department, Army Research Centre, Finland
• Major Martijn Hadicke, Commander Robot Autonomous Systems Cell, 13th Light Infantry Brigade, Royal Netherlands Army
• Dr. Robert W. Sadowski, Robotics Senior Research Scientist, TARDEC, US Army
• Mr Ted Maciuba, Deputy Director of the US Army TRADOC Capability Manager for Robotics and Autonomous Systems at the Maneuver Center of Excellence, Maneuver Center/Army Futures Command
• Professor Amir Shapiro, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
• Mr Charles E. Dean, Vice President of Sales, Endeavor Robotics
• Mr Patrick Curlier, Senior VP Business Development, Safran Group Senior Representative, Soucy Group
The latest event brochure is available to download at http://www.robotics-autonomous.com/roboticstomorrow
SMi is hosting a half-day pre-conference workshop on Tuesday 2nd April on Enhancing Dismounted Soldier Operations with Military RAS hosted by Lieutenant Colonel (Ret'd) Rob O'Connor, Former CO of ITDU, Pardus Defence and Security, UK.
This workshop will use the tactical framework of FIND, FIX, STRIKE and EXPLOIT to examine how robotics and autonomous systems can enhance dismounted soldier operations. This is not a series of lectures but a vehicle for a free and frank discussion.
The workshop aims to explore the current challenges around the current usage of robotics and autonomous systems in dismounted soldier operations. It will also examine strategies and future developments in a free-flowing discussion between attendees. The workshop will provide the opportunity to learn and discuss the topic in a more intimate environment, conducive for learning and gaining invaluable insight into the world of land robotics and autonomous systems.
There is an Early Bird offer available until 31/01/19 to save £200 on your booking. Register your place at http://www.robotics-autonomous.com/roboticstomorrow
Military Robotics and Autonomous Systems
3rd-4th April 2019
Gold Sponsor: Endeavor Robotics Sponsors: Safran & Soucy Defense
Sponsorship is now open, should you wish to speak or exhibit at Military Robotics and Autonomous Systems, please contact Justin Predescu on: on +44 (0) 207 827 6130 or email email@example.com
For media enquiries: Contact Natasha Boumediene on firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk