MODEX 2012 Seegrid Unveils GC4 Vision-Guided Robotic Stand-Up Forklift
Savings, safety, and productivity are offered by all Seegrid's Robotic Industrial Trucks. At MODEX 2012 Seegrid is announcing a product so advanced, it is simple. The unmanned GC4 provides the ultimate in Robotic Industrial Truck automation and flexibility. Built on an off-the-shelf Class I forklift chassis and equipped with Seegrid's vision-guided autonomous navigation system, the GC4 automatically transports palletized loads throughout manufacturing and warehouse environments without the need for facility modifications, wires, tapes or lasers.
From putaway, transfers and selection, to long hauls and cross-docking, the
GC4 reduces the cost per move. The new GC4 extends workforce productivity, improve safety and lower operating costs while ensuring operations the ability to quickly and easily modify driverless travel routes to support best practice and process improvement.
Product GC4 Introduced at MODEX 2012 provides cost-effective initial investment and low total cost of ownership. Seegrid's vision-guided Robotic Industrial Trucks deliver affordable transport with a rapid payback period. This provides flexibility and benefits to spare, including:
• Allows workers to focus on higher value tasks within the facility
• Perform multiple routes for one shift and easily change routes for second and third shifts
• Reduce dependence on seasonal staffing or temporary workers
• Meet and exceed performance standards by lowering manned travel distances
• Quickly and efficiently train personnel on set-up and maintenance on familiar platforms, reducing reliance on third party vendors and lowering costs in the process
• Consistent safe behavior and controlled truck speeds improve facility safety
• Train routes on one robotic truck and transfer to other robotic trucks in the fleet
• With Seegrid's WalkThruThenWork® technology, GC4 sets up in hours, not weeks or months
Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Seegrid Corp. (www.seegrid.com) brings robotic vision-guided technology to the material handling industry. Seegrid offers solutions that optimize workflow processes by increasing productivity and reducing costs, creating economic and operational advantages.
Seegrid technology can transform industrial vehicles into unmanned, automated pallet trucks and tow tractors that operate without a need for wire, tape, laser or other automated guided vehicle guidance systems.