The LEGO Education WeDo STEM Expansion Pack encourages students to expand on previous building and programming knowledge gained through working with LEGO Education WeDo as well as incorporating reading, writing and vocabulary activities.
• The LEGO Education WeDo STEM Expansion Pack is a cross-curricular offering designed for elementary educators for use in third grade classrooms and above. The children can work individually, in pairs or in groups.
• The curriculum pack contains management ideas, curriculum support, and "Getting Started" materials such as teacher's notes, student worksheets, six main activities, four open-ended problem-solving activities, assessment tools, building instructions and images for classroom use.
SAN ANTONIO, Texas - April 11, 2013 - LEGO Education today announced at the 2013 National Science Teacher Association (NSTA) National Conference, the LEGO® Education WeDo STEM Expansion Pack for the LEGO® Education WeDo Construction Set, LEGO Education WeDo Software and Activity Pack and the LEGO® Education WeDo Resource Set. Aligned with the Common Core State Standards, the new activities within the pack have been created to meet curriculum expectations in science (including technology and engineering) and mathematics. The activities also incorporate curriculum expectations in reading, writing and the use of grade appropriate vocabulary in science and technical subjects.
Using the WeDo platform, students work as young engineers, scientists, and mathematicians and are guided through activities in which they build and program working models, communicate their knowledge using appropriate terminology, think critically about their experience, and apply new knowledge to create models and programs. When combined with the WeDo Construction Set, Software, and Resource Set, the advanced activities contained in the new STEM Expansion Pack are designed to encourage students to expand upon their previous knowledge and develop their understanding and interest in various STEM concepts. The WeDo STEM Expansion Pack is priced at $69.95 USD.
The new WeDo STEM Expansion Pack will be demoed this week at NSTA in San Antonio in the LEGO Education booth #805. LEGO Education will also be hosting a number of workshops throughout NSTA. For the full schedule, click here.
For a full classroom implementation, the WeDo Getting Started III Package is designed for 24 students and includes:
• 12 WeDo Construction Sets - Two students per set is recommended.
• 12 WeDo Resource Sets - Two students per set is recommended.
• 1 WeDo Software v.1.2 and Activity Pack - Site license.
• 1 WeDo STEM Expansion Activity Pack.
For more information, visit http://educationnews.legoeducation.us/
About LEGO Education
Since 1980, LEGO Education (LEGOeducation.us) has delivered hands-on, curriculum-based resources for teachers and students worldwide. LEGO Education believes a hands-on, minds-on approach helps students actively take ownership of the learning process and develop 21st-century skills such as creative thinking and problem solving through real-life, engaging experiences.
LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2012 The LEGO Group.