The new QC-160 Robotic Tool Changer, recently developed by ATI Industrial Automation, Apex, NC, has a high moment capacity in a lightweight and compact design and utilizes the same proven Locking Mechanism as ATI’s QC-200 Series.
The new QC-160 Robotic Tool Changer, recently developed by ATI Industrial Automation, Apex, NC, has a high moment capacity in a lightweight and compact design and utilizes the same proven Locking Mechanism as ATI's QC-200 Series. The Tool Changer features internal Lock/Unlock sensing and (5) 3/8 NPT and (4) ½ NPT pass-through air connections and easily mounts directly to most 200 kg robots. The Tool Changer enhances the robots ability to switch end-effectors automatically and efficiently, greatly increasing productivity, while reducing downtime for changeovers.
ATI Robotic Tool Changers provide the flexibility to automatically change end-effectors or other peripheral tooling with accuracy and ease. ATI Tool Changers are designed to function reliably for millions of cycles at rated loads while maintaining extremely high repeatability. A variety of models are available to cover a wide range of applications from very small payloads to extremely heavy payload applications requiring significantly large moment capacity.
QC-160 Tool Changer Details
The QC-160 Tool Changer handles payloads of up to 600 pounds, and features integrated pneumatic ports and electrical connections.
Additional features include:
• Patented Failsafe locking mechanism to ensure high-moment capacity and strength
• A common Lock/Unlock air supply and a Lock/Unlock sensing method
• Four (4) M5 pass-through air connections, eight (8) 3A/50VAC electrical connections
• A stack height of only 16.9 mm (0.67 inches). Also, No-Touch™ locking technology allows up to 0.1 in plate separation when locking.
• Positional repeatability (X, Y, and Z) tested at a rated load at one million cycles is 0.0006 in.
• All locking parts are made of 58 HRC stainless steel and are designed for superior reliability, repeatability, and strength.
ATI Industrial Automation is a world-leading, engineering-based developer of robotic peripheral equipment, including Automatic Tool Changers, Multi-Axis Force/Torque Sensing Systems, Robotic Deburring Tools, Robotic Collision Sensors, and Compliance Devices. ATI's engineering department, the largest of its kind for a robotic tooling company, is focused on developing cost-effective, state-of-the-art products and solutions that improve robotic productivity.
For more information about the QC-160 Tool Changer and other ATI products, contact ATI Industrial Automation, 1031 Goodworth Drive, Apex, NC 27539, phone 919-772-0115, fax 919-772-8259, www.ati-ia.com.