The Consumer Electronic Association (CEA) named the 3D printer as a top technology trend in its 2015 edition of "Top 5 Technology Trends to Watch"
Automation specialist augments toolbox with ready-made kinematic modules for easy robot control
They provide valuable support with their precision, flexibility and speed: KUKA robots are helping to restore historic sculptures at the Canadian parliament building in Ottawa, as well as building the sixth Messner Mountain Museum on the summit of the Kronplatz (Plan de Corones) in South Tyrol.
PBS NewsHour features Barrett, SynTouch, UCLA, and Case Western driving prosthetic arm/hand research
TV Star Grant Imahara set to host 11th annual International RoboGames
In a recent project, Maplesoft's MapleSim, was used by designers and engineers at Engineered Arts to develop a biologically analogous leg design for Byrun, a new kind of full-scale dynamic humanoid that will take social robotics to the next level. This leg design will give Byrun the ability to walk, run, jump and hop.
TerraMax technology provides force multiplication and protects troops
Dual Electronics Partners with Arclarity to Develop Sense-and-Avoid Solution for Drones to Avoid Collisions and Airspace Violations During Autonomous Flights
The Solution Utilizes Real-Time GPS, ADS-B Delivered Traffic and TFRs plus Airspace Information to Continually Monitor and Adjust the Flight Path in Real Time
The competition will run from March to June 2015 and will showcase how quickly products can be designed with ARM CMSIS software components and middleware.
For the second consecutive year, Autonomous Solutions, Inc. was recognized by the Robotics Business Review as one of the Top 50 robotics companies to watch in the 2015 RBR50.
Swisslog Healthcare Solutions Named One of Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2015 by Robotics Business Review
Leader in hospital automation makes the Top 50 Companies to Watch list for fourth consecutive year.
ABB and SVIA to display a compact vision guided robotic machine tending cell at Houstex 2015, Feb 24-26 in Houston
ABB has also opened a 21,000 square foot facility in Houston to better support area customers with the latest robotic manufacturing technology
From IEEE Spectrum:
- Unmanned aircraft must weigh less than 55 lbs. (25 kg).
- Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the operator or visual observer.
- At all times the small unmanned aircraft must remain close enough to the operator for the operator to be capable of seeing the aircraft with vision unaided by any device other than corrective lenses.
- Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly involved in the operation.
- Daylight-only operations (official sunrise to official sunset, local time).
- Must yield right-of-way to other aircraft, manned or unmanned.
- May use visual observer (VO) but not required.
- First-person view camera cannot satisfy “see-and-avoid” requirement but can be used as long as requirement is satisfied in other ways.
- Maximum airspeed of 100 mph (87 knots).
- Maximum altitude of 500 feet above ground level... (full article)
Robotics Business Reviews names Clearpath Robotics to their list of top 50 companies to watch in 2015
By the end of 2017, an estimated two million industrial robots will be operating in factories around the world.
Records 1741 to 1755 of 6339
Industrial Robotics - Featured Product
With the SLS, SOS, and STO functionalities, the SCHUNK EGN gripping system certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 13849 enables safe human/machine collaboration. If the production process is interrupted by an emergency shut-off, the SCHUNK EGN goes into either a safely limited speed mode or a safe stop mode depending on the activated protection zone. In contrast to other solutions available on the market, the SCHUNK safety gripping system is continuously powered even in the safe operating stop so that the gripped parts are reliably held even without mechanical maintenance of gripping force. As soon as the protection zone is released, the gripper immediately switches back to the regular operating mode without the system having to be restarted.