FABTECH 2015 to Offer a Robust Lineup of Education Sessions at Chicago's McCormick Place
Sessions will share new perspectives; foster growth of industry knowledge
CHICAGO, Oct. 5, 2015 -- FABTECH 2015, North America's largest collaboration of technology, equipment and knowledge in metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing industries will offer more than 100 education sessions at this year's event. The targeted technical, operational and managerial discussions are designed to help attendees gain knowledge from industry leaders and explore the latest technology and industry advancements. More than 40,000 manufacturing professionals are expected to attend the four-day event, Nov. 9-12 at Chicago's McCormick Place.
The daily sessions will provide valuable insight on a number of manufacturing niches and specialties, including finishing, stamping, lasers and cutting, forming and fabricating, welding, tube and pipe, management, additive manufacturing, lean manufacturing, job shop solutions and automation. Session attendees can expect to network with peers and top industry experts while learning best practices.
"Sharing manufacturing knowledge and all of its intricacies has been, and will continue to be, a priority for us at FABTECH," said Mark Hoper, show co-manager, FABTECH. "Attendees will gain practical knowledge and inspiration to help grow their companies and find new applications for the innovative technology and processes they work with every day."
In addition to discussion topics, the sessions also are categorized by experience levels so attendees get the most appropriate and relevant information. They include:
* Basic - Recommended for the attendee who is new to the industry or needs a refresher on the topic.
* Intermediate - Designed for the attendee who already has a basic understanding of the subject matter.
* Advanced - Recommended for the attendee with several years of experience who is seeking more in-depth information.
Organized by FABTECH 2015's five co-sponsors - SME; the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA); Precision Metalforming Association (PMA); Chemical Coaters Association International (CCAI); and the American Welding Society (AWS) - the affordable sessions offer comprehensive information and practical insights to provide solutions to timely questions and challenges in the industry. Furthermore, attendees will have the opportunity to earn a variety of professional development and educational credits from the sponsoring organizations:
* Attendees who attend AWS education programs are awarded one professional development hour for each hour of education program attendance.
* Attendees seeking FMA recertification credits will be awarded two credits for each education session attended in the forming and fabricating, cutting or finishing tracks, plus an additional two credits for attending the show.
* Individuals who attend SME education programs may be eligible to receive one credit per hour attended toward their SME-managed recertification requirements.
Also, sessions with Tech Tours will combine classroom instruction with expert-led guided tours on the show floor to see technology operate live in designated booths.
For more information regarding attending an education session, please visit FABTECH's education page. Pricing information can be accessed here, and the schedule of education sessions can be found here.
For more information, or to register for FABTECH 2015, please visit fabtechexpo.com.
FABTECH is North America's largest collaboration of technology, equipment and knowledge in the metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing industries. The event provides a powerfully aligned hands-on, face-to-face business growth experience, attracting more than 1,500 exhibitors and 40,000 attendees. The event is made possible by its five co-sponsors, all of whom representing the varied and diverse makeup of the manufacturing industry. They include SME, the American Welding Society (AWS), the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA), the Precision Metalforming Association (PMA), and the Chemical Coaters Association International (CCAI).