The new FAULHABER MC3/MCS Controller Family
MICROMO launches the new MC3/MCS motion control family - an extensive and versatile basis
FAULHABER motor technologies, offer electronics for simple operation with state-of-the-art
interfaces for multi-axis applications and provide a motion control system solution with the most
compact integration into industrial grade housing.
The FAULHABER Motion Controllers V3.0 are high performance, intelligent, networked drives
optimized for both OEM and automation applications. These high bandwidth controllers feature
100 microsecond sample time for velocity, position and current feedback.
• Industry standard network and control interfaces (Ethernet fieldbus technology, USB,
network communication protocols, CANopen and RS-232)
• Robust power stage with extensive transient suppression and thermal protection (up to 10 A
continuous and 30 A peak)
• Maximum performance and precision from all FAULHABER coreless DC motors, brushless DC motors and linear DC servo motors (and
high power match up with a wide range of other motors up to 300 W on the market)
• New FAULHABER Motion Manager 6 setup wizard provides simplified use of FAULHABER products
• Decentralized intelligence provides the ability to save program sequences (up to eight programs can be used over all interface
technologies…Ethernet fieldbus technology, USB, network communication protocols CANopen and RS-232).
• Users program these movements in BASIC with Motion Manager 6 in a single axis and create additional programs in network
Three device variants cover different application areas. The Motion Controller MC 5005 and MC 5010 with housing and plug connectors
are designed for use in switch cabinets or in devices. Motion control systems, such as servo motors with integrated Motion Controllers, are
already pre-configured and make it possible for use directly in the automation environment. An intelligent module system makes it possible
to integrate diverse brushless and brush-commutated DC servo motors into standardized housing. The MC 5004 motion controller is
designed for use in existing housing as an open plug-in card. An optionally available motherboard makes it easy to get started in multi-axis
applications. All three versions use the same technology basis and offer the same interface options as well as the same operating principle
Unrivaled Performance and Flexibility
• Multiple velocity and position feedback options (7 options).
• Digital I/O and analog inputs
• Controller/subordinate and stand- alone operations available
• Modular design with three performance classes
• Available as plug-in card version
• Optional motherboard as development environment
• With Ethernet fieldbus technology interface for multi-axis applications
• Extensive protective and diagnostic functions, status LEDs
• Expanded supply range with separate electronics supply
• Improved current measurement
MC5004, MC5005, MC5010, MCS 3242 BX4 RS/CO, MCS 3242 BX4 ET, MCS 3268 BX4 RS/CO, MCS 3268 BX4 ET
MICROMO (FAULHABER Group) specializes in high precision, micro drive systems, servo components and drive electronics. The product
range includes brushless DC motors, small DC motors, piezo motors, stepper motors, linear servo motors, gearheads, encoders and motion
controllers that are used in the most demanding applications in markets such as medical, aerospace, optics, robotics, automation and
At MICROMO, we dont just offer the industrys leading high performance motion products. We engineer motion system solutions.
Our Application Engineers look beyond just components to offer optimal solutions for custom mechanical and electrical requirements.
MICROMOs seasoned team has the experience in the field to assist customers with choosing the correct component and system for unique
motion control needs and to meet superior precision and reliability requirements.
To learn more about incorporating the MC3/MCs controller family into an application or device, please contact MICROMO today and speak
with an engineer.