EPCs New MA58H Is Designed for Harsh Environments
SAGLE, Idaho: The Model MA58H absolute encoder is designed for harsh factory and plant floor environments. Heavy duty, rugged and reliable, this hollow-bore absolute encoder is available in both single and multi-turn resolution. As an absolute encoder, it is especially suited to applications where an encoder needs to retain position information after power-off scenarios.
"In any type of machinery that has a time-consuming positioning routine - an example would be a satellite dish - an absolute encoder is ideal," explains Sarah Walter, electrical engineer and EPC Sales Engineer. "With an absolute encoder, the controller has precise motion feedback about the position of the equipment, without needing to re-home during every start-up. Requiring the equipment to always re-home consumes valuable uptime. With absolute positioning, the controller ‘knows exactly where the machine is at all times, even after a power cycle."
"This is a very flexible absolute encoder, with a wide variety of configuration options," explains John Meschko, EPCs Head of Engineering and Design and Development. "With its hollow bore design and rugged housing, this absolute can easily be designed into a variety of applications."
The MA58H Absolute Encoder offers:
• Multi-turn resolution up to 39 bits
• Up to 14 bits of single-turn resolution
• SSI and CANopen communications
• 58 mm diameter housing
• Bores sizes up to 3/8" or 14 mm
• Two flexible mounting options
• Durable magnetic technology
• Proven turns counting technology with no gears or batteries
• Operating temperature range of -40° C to 85° C
• Sealing rating of IP65 on the shaft, with the balance of the unit rated to IP67
• Continuous digital position monitoring
• Ability to retain absolute position after a power outage
About Encoder Products Company:
Encoder Products Company (EPC) is a leading designer and world-wide manufacturer of motion sensing devices. EPC began operations in 1969, producing a line of custom encoders from a small, home-based shop. Today, EPC is the largest privately-held encoder manufacturer in North America, producing a complete line of incremental and absolute rotary encoders and accessories.
For more information visit http://encoder.com/