For a limited time, the US MFG Association will be donating half of all Gold membership dues to families and local businesses affected by Hurricane Harvey. Join us as we partner with a number of organizations to help with the recovery and rebuilding process.
For a limited time, the US MFG Association will be donating half of all Gold membership dues to families and local businesses affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Join us as we partner with a number of organizations to help with the recovery and rebuilding process.
Here are some recent statistics on the destruction Harvey has caused so far:
- 30,000 displaced in Texas.
- At least 10 dead, and many more injured.
- State of Emergency declared in 50 Texas counties, and in the state of Louisiana.
- Estimated 12 million people currently under flash flood warning.
- Currently 300,000 are without power.
- Rain is expected to continue until Wednesday.
US MFG also asks that you and/or your business consider donating to the following organizations:
- American Red Cross
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy
- Samaritans Purse
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Houston Food Bank
- Galveston County Food Bank
- Food Bank of Corpus Christi
- United Way of Greater Houston
- Global Giving
- Salvation Army
Things to Remember when Donating
- Cash is king. While you may want to send food and other items, the infrastructure may not support those donations. Many organizations have been clear that cash, or cash equivalent, is preferred (but keep reading). Keep receipts if you intend to claim those donations on your tax return.
- Stay put. Yes, we all want to get in our cars and help but dont rush to help without checking first. There are already professionals and trained volunteers on the scene, and due to the potential for more flooding, relief officials have asked that folks stay off the roads where possible. If your services are needed and you do volunteer, remember that you can claim a tax deduction for your out-of-pocket expenses but not for your time.
- Be smart. Be wary of personal solicitations on your doorstep or over the phone. Make sure that gifts made by checks or credit card gifts are secure. And dont send money by text or using apps like Venmo without first verifying the organization and the contact information.
- US MFG Team
* United States MFG Association is based out of the Research Triangle Park (RTP) in Durham, North Carolina. We believe in promoting collaboration and communication between U.S. manufacturers and the industrial businesses that support them, such as distributors, engineering firms, industrial automation and robotics integrators.
Our team makes up a group of industry veterans, who saw the need in the sector for a quality organization like US MFG. We are dedicated to providing first class support, service, and information to all of our members.