EPCs Models A58HE and A58SE offer EtherCAT Deterministic Communication: CoE, FoE, EoE
SAGLE, Idaho: New EPC Model A58HE and Model A58SE are EtherCAT-ready, multi-turn absolute encoders designed for harsh factory and plant environments. They are particularly suited to applications where fieldbus connectivity is required, and the encoder has to retain absolute position information after power-off events. The Model A58HE is a 58 mm encoder in a hollow bore construction, and the Model A58SE is a 58 mm shaft encoder available with either a clamping flange or synchro flange.
"Both the A58HE and A58SE encoders are easily designed into a wide variety of applications," says Sarah Walter, electrical engineer and EPC Technical Sales Manager. "They plug directly into a network with minimal prerequisites, and work in various configurations, including daisy-chaining, and redundant-ring configurations that can continue communication in event of a line break. That makes for quick installation and facilitates data exchange among connected devices, allowing companies to transition to a networked system and facility. And these encoders work with CANopen over EtherCAT, so for users familiar with CANopen technology, implementation will be straight forward."
The Model A58HE and Model A58SE Absolute Encoders offer:
• EtherCAT Deterministic Communication
• Multi-turn resolution up to 43 bits
• Up to 16 bits of single turn resolution
• 58 mm diameter housing
• Bores sizes up to 0.375" or 15 mm
• Shaft diameters up to 0.375" or 10 mm
• Durable magnetic technology
• Proven turns counting technology with no gears or batteries
• Operating temperature range of -40° C to 85° C
• Sealing rating of IP65 (on A58SE, 10 mm shaft comes with IP67 sealing)
• Continuous digital position monitoring
• Ability to retain absolute position after a power outage
• Meet CE/EMC Standards for Immunity and Emissions
About Encoder Products Company:
Encoder Products Company (EPC) is a leading designer and world-wide manufacturer of motion sensing devices. EPC began operations in 1969, producing a line of custom encoders from a small, home-based shop. Today, EPC is the largest privately-held encoder manufacturer in North America, producing a complete line of incremental and absolute rotary encoders and accessories in our 100,000 square foot, vertically-integrated facility in Idaho.
For more information visit http://encoder.com/