Robotiq unveils the 2-Finger Adaptive Robot Gripper - 200 - a flexible electric gripper with 200 mm of stroke and expanded capabilities to reduce tooling costs, eliminate changeovers, and maximize ROI. Use one off-the-shelf robot gripper to handle all your large parts through 3 gripping modes
May 23rd 2013 - Robotiq unveils the 2-Finger Adaptive Robot Gripper - 200 - an electric gripper with 200 mm of stroke and expanded capabilities.
The 2-Finger Adaptive Robot Gripper - 200 has been designed using feedback from many automation engineers, who were challenged with the processing of a wide variety of large parts and high changeover rates, in industries such as:
- Automotive parts
- Metal fabrication
- Construction equipment (heavy machinery)
"As with all Robotiq Adaptive Grippers, the goal remains the same: Use a single, mechanically intelligent robot gripper to handle all your parts to reduce tooling costs, eliminate changeovers, and maximize ROI."
- Samuel Bouchard, President Robotiq.
This new servo-electric gripper can be installed on any industrial robot to provide unparalleled versatility:
- Programmable 200 mm stroke to pick various part sizes.
- Three distinct gripping modes - parallel, encompassing and internal - enable the handling of different part geometries.
- Rugged design and sealed casing.
- High grip force to handle heavy parts.
- Grip detection and real-time finger position feedback.
- Control of finger speed and force to adapt on-the-fly to heavy or light parts.
Pictures, videos and additional information about the 2-Finger Adaptive Gripper - 200 are available at: http://robotiq.com/en/products/electric-gripper
Robotiq designs and manufactures robotic tooling to maximize ROI in high-mix automated manufacturing.
We work in partnership with robot manufacturers, system integrators, end users and an extensive network of distributors around the world.
Robotiq is a privately held company founded in 2008, based in Quebec City, Canada.
Director of Marketing