June 23-24, 2020
LOS ANGELES, June 22, 2020… WITI (Women in Technology International), the leading advocate for innovation, inclusivity and STEAM, kicks-off its first virtual Women in Technology Summit tomorrow, June 23, 2020. Themed ‘Adapt and Innovate', the two-day summit is designed to spotlight leaders in technology and innovation, boost critical thinking and inspire students to pursue STEAM careers. This year's summit will also address the impact of the pandemic on women in tech and the job market.
WITI launched the summit 26 years ago when there were no conferences geared towards supporting women in technology and business. Today, the Women in Technology summit is a premiere, global tech conference, where professionals come to learn about trends, develop new skills and grow their business network.
"We will continue to provide the skills and tools women need to navigate the new normal and succeed in today's digital world," said Carolyn Leighton, CEO and founder, WITI. "This virtual summit offers an even broader global platform, with more opportunities for professionals to learn and interact with each other, irrespective of their location."
Featured Speakers and Topics:
• IDC's Michelle Bailey: Results of the women in tech survey.
• Blue Shield of California's Karen Xie: How emerging technologies are transforming the way we consume and deliver healthcare.
• Deloitte's Beena Ammanath: The impact of artificial intelligence on society.
• Huawei Technologies' Joy Tan: How brands can leverage modern media to deliver meaningful stories to the public.
• PTC's Kathleen Mitford: The impact of diverse teams on innovation and tips on advocating diversity within an organization.
• Trans Sahara Investment's Ngozi Bell: Economic opportunities in a post COVID-19 era.
• Rene Redwood, creator of the bi-partisan Glass Ceiling Commission: How businesses can address systemic racism.
• Janice Kaplan, author of The Genius of Women: Powerful forces that have rigged the system against women and celebrating those who have triumphed.
• BrainCandyLabs: Spotlight students and professionals who have been inspired by STEAM, including youngest astronaut-in-training Alyssa Carson, Ph.D. student Jordan Harrod and host of FOX's Xploration Outerspace Emily Calandrelli.
• WITI Hall of Fame Alumnae Genevieve Bell, Sara Rushinek and Elizabeth Xu: Staying motivated, overcoming problems and traits great leaders should possess.
Take the 2020 WITI-IDC Survey
• More than 100 speakers and coaches will inspire and educate the 10,000 professionals who will be attending the event virtually.
• Topics range from innovation and technology to leadership and growth.
• The summit is sprinkled with career fairs, interactive networking sessions and workshops.
• Review the full agenda at Summit 2020.
WITI (Women in Technology International) is committed to empowering innovators, inspiring future
generations and building inclusive cultures, worldwide. WITI is redefining the way women and men
collaborate to drive innovation and business growth and is helping corporate partners create and foster
gender inclusive cultures. A leading authority of women in technology and business, WITI has been
advocating and recognizing women's contributions in the industry for more than 30 years. The organization
delivers leading edge programs and platforms for individuals and companies -- designed to empower
professionals, boost competitiveness and cultivate partnerships, globally.
WITI's ecosystem includes more than three million professionals, 60 networks and 300 partners, worldwide.
To learn more, please visit witi.com.