AGV (Automated Guided Vehicles) and AMR (Autonomous Mobile Robots) Market is going to reach till ~$14B by 2026 - Driven by Emerging Applications like Retail, Security, Hospitals and Delivery along with Logistics & Manufacturing
As per LogisticsIQ's latest market research study, AGV and AMR Market is expected to reach $13.2 Billion by 2026 with a growth rate of around ~35%. Both AGVs and AMRs collectively are going to cross the installed base of 1.5 Million in next 5 years to make the mobile robots a new normal in our day-to-day operational activities.
This post-pandemic AGV and AMR business research is first and exclusive market study covering new emerging applications like Healthcare, Disinfection, Retail and Inventory Management, Security and Inspection, Agriculture, Hospital Assistance, Indoor and Outdoor Delivery, Cleaning, Tele-presence and Tele-operation, and Data Platforms & Remote Sensing apart from old revenue sources like Logistics and Manufacturing. AGV and AMR market study is having a market analysis of more than 500 players (part of our exclusive AGV/AMR Market Map), Key Navigation Technologies, Major Form factors & Functions, Targeted Industry Verticals and applications and 15+ geographical countries/regions. Analysis is validated through 50+ in-depth interviews across the value chain with components and technology providers, system integrators, robot manufacturers, and end-user industry verticals. Apart this, study also focused on different components and integral parts of AGV/AMR like Motion Control, Batteries & Chargers, Cameras / Vision Sensor, LiDAR, Sensor Fusion, QR Code and Wireless Communication. Market size and forecast database is also available in excel format to analyse and strategize further. It is a best reference to analyse the market attractiveness, to identify the partner, customer or supplier, to check the competitive landscape, to benchmark the new technologies and to select the right geography & industry vertical for your products and services. Voice and opinion of end-users have been taken as the key parameter for this market forecast.
Download Sample - https://www.thelogisticsiq.com/research/automated-guided-vehicles-agv-market/
TOP FACTORS & CHALLENGES:
• Automation is the key focus in manufacturing and logistics sector as a part of Industry 4.0 and Supply Chain 4.0 initiatives for continuous growth and sustainability. Robotics is an important aspect of this automation.
• Growth in e-commerce is the main driver for AGV/AMR demand in warehouse automation. Global e-Commerce sales have grown at a CAGR of 20% over the last decade, reaching ~$3.5 trillion worldwide in 2019, and expected to grow to ~$7.5 trillion by 2026. The share of online retail sales has gone from ~2% of total to ~13%, and is further expected to reach ~22% by 2026.
• High personnel costs and wage rates are especially high in the developed countries. Annual costs for a forklift operator can run up to $50,000. If a forklift has to be operated around the clock, then at least 3-4 drivers are needed. Adding the invest costs of $10,000 for a forklift truck to the personnel costs, the annual costs for one forklift come to over $200,000.
• Artificial Intelligence and Deep learning are also at a tipping point and are already disrupting multiple industries and will definitely impact the way warehouses are operated currently. In 2017, RightHand Robotics unveiled a solution called RightPick that can pick items at a rate of 500 to 600 per hour, at par with a human worker. Machine learning and artificial intelligence will impact logistics automation well beyond machine vision's benefits to picking technology, by greatly enhancing the flexibility and ease-of-use of a wide range of automated systems.
• RaaS and different leasing options are reducing upfront investment as end-users are not having enough CapEx for pilot runs to validate the RoI. Now there are the options like Pay Per Pick, Pay Per Mile, Pay Per Peak Day etc. to balance your OpEx and RaaS cost.
• Safety Challenge - The evolution of AGV/AMRs over the last 15 years has created a broad range of machines and markets. Everything from AGV/AMRs in the warehouse to the home. One of the key chasms in the world of AGV/AMRs is the safety requirement differences between "service" AGV/AMRs and "industrial" AGV/AMRs. While the intent is that no AGV/AMR harm a human, service robots operate in the realm of the human beings. Working environments for service robots might include operation in a grocery store, a retail store, a mall, a hospital, on the sidewalk or in the home.
AGV vs AMR - WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE:
• In our study, we have considered Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) where movement is highly structured and monolithic in static environment with the help of magnetic strips or wires. If there is any obstacle in the path then it has to be removed to make AGV in motion again. Re-deployment of guided technology like magnetic strips or wires is required with an additional cost if there is a change in the facility like renovation, upgrade or change in location.
• Opposite of AGV, Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) works in dynamic environment with autonomous navigation. It creates and saves the locations or map of the facility to find the alternative path if there is an obstacle in the defined route. Also, it requires minimum changes as there is any change related to facility as AMR can be just unboxed and put to work within one hour if it's already mapped with the facility. It's extremely flexible to deploy.
Talk to Analyst - https://www.thelogisticsiq.com/research/automated-guided-vehicles-agv-market/
AGV and AMR MARKET - HIGHLIGHTS:
• Industry witnessed a good growth despite of pandemic and is supposed to registered ~$2.5B sales in 2020. Around 60,000 mobile robots (AGVs & AMRs) are expected to shipped in 2020.
• United States, Germany, U.K., China and Japan are going to lead the market with an annual demand of more than 200,000 mobile robots (AGV & AMR) by 2026.
• China is supposed to be hub for Autonomous Mobile Robots, both in terms of demand and supply as It is expected that Made In China AMRs will be 30%-40% more economical due to labour cost advantages and huge volume consumption in China itself.
• AMRs are supposed to grow with a CAGR of ~45% between 2020 and 2026 and are going to be more attractive market as compared to AGVs by 2026 with relatively more shipment and TAM share.
• After QR code - LiDAR, Vision Cameras and Sensor Fusions are the key navigation technologies to be commercialized in this space due to flexibility, safety concerns and higher accuracy. Even Sensor Fusion AMRs are expected to grow with ~70% growth rate. There are dedicated companies (Autonomy Service Providers) for navigation technology and software who are supporting mobile robot manufacturers to build such capabilities with the help of AI and Machine Vision.
• Hospital and Retail are two emerging applications to target with ~50% growth apart from logistics and manufacturing.
KEY PLAYERS ANALYZED:
• AGV & AMR: Geek+, Quicktron (Flashhold), ForwardX Robotics, GreyOrange, HikRobot (HikVision), Mobile Industrial Robots - MiR (Teradyne), inVia Robotics, River Systems - 6RS (Shopify), Fetch Robotics, JATEN, IAM Robotics, Locus Robotics, Vecna Robotics, Waypoint Robotics, Tompkins Robotics, Scallog, OTTO Motors (Clearpath Robotics), GIDEON Brothers, Magazino GmbH, NextShift Robotics, AutoGuide Mobile Robots (Teradyne), EiraTech Robotics, Aethon (ST Engineering), BLEUM, HAI Robotics, Bionic HIVE, Oppent, PAL Robotics, Matthews Automation Solutions (Matthews International), GUOZI Robotics, CAJA Robotics, Omron (Adept Technology), Guidance Automation (Matthews International), Syrius Robotics, MALU Innovation, Eurotec (Lowpad), DS Automation, Mitsubishi Logisnext Europe Oy (Rocla), NeoBotix, John Bean Technologies (JBT Corporation), Transbotics (Scott Group), CSG Huaxiao, EK Automation, OCEANEERING, Wellwit Robotics, Logistic-Jet, SEEGRID, BALYO
• System Integrators (SI): Daifuku, Dematic (KION Group), SSI-Schaefer, Vanderlande (Toyota Advanced Logistics), Swisslog (KUKA), Knapp, Murata Machinery Ltd., Elettric 80, Beumer Group, Witron Logistik + Informatik, TGW Logistics, Grenzebach GmbH, FIVES Group, Honeywell Intelligrated, Bastian Solutions (Toyota Advanced Logistics), Material Handling System (MHS), Jungheinrich AG, LODIGE Industries, ViaStore Systems, Interlake Macalux, Kardex, AutoStore, DMW&H, Westfalia, Dambach AG, PSB intralogistics GmbH, SIASUN Robot Automation Co., Ltd., SAVOYE, OPEX Corporation, System Logistics (Krones Group), GÜDEL
• Autonomy Service Providers (ASP): Brain Corporation, Bluebotics, KOLLMORGEN, Autonomous Solutions, Inc. (ASI), MOVEL AI, MOV AI, FREEDOM ROBOTICS, ROBOMINDS, PERCEPTIN, ROMB Technologies, Machine Vision & Imaging, Basler AG, Keyence, Omron Microscan, Cognex
• Disinfection Robots: UVD Robotics, Sarcos Robotics, Techmetics Robotics, Wellwit, Geek+, Fybots, Sherpa, Akara, MiR, Sesto, LionsBot, SmartGuardUV, Milvus, Revotonix, YouiBot
• Retail & Inventory Management Robots: Bossa Nova Robotics, Simbe Robotics, Badger Technologies, Lowe's - LoweBot (Powered by Fellow AI), Fetch Robotics, Brain Corporation
• Indoor Delivery Robots: Bear Robotics, Keenon Robotics, Savioke Inc., Rice Robotics, Pudu, PAL Robotics, Keenon, Savioke, Segway Robotics, Anscer, Aethon
• Security and Inspection Robots: Cobalt Robotics, Knightscope Robotics, OTSAW Digital, SMP Robotics, Enova, Secom, AgileX
• Tele-operated / Telepresence Robots: Diligent Robotics, Ohmni Labs, AVA Robotics, GoBe Robotics, Double Robotics, Temi Robotics
• Cleaning Robots: Softbank Robotics, Avidbots, Gaussian Robotics, LionsBot
• Hospital Support Robots: Revotonix L.L.C, Jetbrain, Aethon, MiR, MeanWhile, Keenon, Savioke, ABB, Diligent
• Agriculture Robots: Bogaerts, Harvest Automation, AIS, Katif, Naio Technologies, Robotnik
• Delivery Robots (Last Mile Delivery Robots): STARSHIP, NURO AI, Tele Retail, Kiwibot, Robby Technologies, Postmates, Eliport, Hello World Robotics, OTSAW, JD.com, Scout
• Battery & Chargers: LG Chem (LG Energy Solutions), Crown Equipment Corporation, East Penn Manufacturing, EnerSys, SBS, iN2Power, Wiferion, Inventus Power, Toshiba SCiB
• Motion Control: Advance Motion Control, Kollmorgen, Energid (Teradyne), Harmonic Drive System, Parker, Elmo Motion, CGI, Brother, Nidec, Allied Motion, SEW Eurodrive, Pilz, Nord
KEY QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED THROUGH THIS STUDY:
• What are the major trends and drivers impacting AGV/AMR Market?
• What is the revenue outlook (TAM) and forecast till 2026 for AGV/AMR Market by top segments such as Navigation Technologies, Industry Verticals and Applications, Form Factor & Functions, and Countries?
• What are the key investments, partnerships and M&A in AGV/AMR space?
• How AMR market is expanding in other applications beyond logistics & manufacturing and is penetrating into existing AGV market space?
• What is the competitive landscape of AGV and AMR Market?
• What are the strategic imperative and calls to action that will define growth and success within AGV/AMR by 2026?
Purchase the report - https://www.thelogisticsiq.com/research/automated-guided-vehicles-agv-market/