The RSF Mini and Supermini series is a family of compact actuators that deliver high torque with exceptional accuracy and repeatability.
Beverly, MA, March 22, 2021--- Harmonic Drive LLC, the leader in high precision motion control announces a new RSF-5 miniature actuator with an integrated servo drive. This evolutionary product eliminates the need for an external drive and greatly simplifies cabling while retaining high-positional accuracy and torsional stiffness in a compact housing.
The RSF Mini and Supermini series is a family of compact actuators that deliver high torque with exceptional accuracy and repeatability. As part of the RSF Supermini family, an integrated servo drive version utilizing CANopen® communication is now available. Since it communicates via CANopen, only 4 conductors are needed: CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC. A single-turn 14bit (16384 cpr) gear output sensing encoder has been integrated.
Our USA-based engineering team incorporated more features and capabilities into this actuator while maintaining a compact size and low mass.
• Actuator + Integrated Servo Drive utilizing CANopen communication conforming to DS402 and DS301
• 24VDC Nominal +7 to 30VDC Supply Voltage Range
• Single Axis BLDC Motor Controller/Driver with CAN & TTL-UART Interface
• Field Oriented Control
• Single Cable with only 4 conductors needed: CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC
• Zero Backlash
• Pigtail Connectors with 2 exit options
• 14bit (16384 cpr) resolution motor encoder
• Control Modes Including Torque, Velocity, and Position Control, CSP, CSV, CST
• Harmonic Drive HDL Software for initial tuning, commissioning, and analysis
• Homing modes include: single-ended, double-ended, double-ended with 16bit autoscale hardstop homing or teachable position
The RSF-5B-IDT Miniature actuator with an integrated servo drive is one of the latest products developed at Harmonic Drive LLC in Massachusetts, USA. The RSF joins the recently released family of FHA-Mini integrated actuators.
Harmonic Drive, LLC engineers and manufactures precision servo actuators, gearheads and gear component sets. We work closely with academia, Fortune 500 and companies of all sizes to understand their application requirements and provide a standard or, in most cases, a custom-engineered solution to enable the success of their design project. The majority of the products sold by Harmonic Drive LLC are proudly made at our manufacturing facility in Massachusetts.