Benefits of mobile robots in a warehouse
Warehouse innovation ensures greater efficiency in production and, therefore, improves profitability. Moreover, the concepts ‘warehouse innovation' and ‘warehouse automation' have a direct relationship with mobile robotics since, from the beginning, the development of this technology has been linked to the improvement of logistics processes in warehouses and factories.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING MOBILE ROBOTS IN WAREHOUSE LOGISTICS?
1. Increased efficiency: mobile robots can autonomously transport and manipulate materials, which can significantly improve efficiency in warehouses and distribution centers.
2. Reduced labor costs: logistics automation can increase profitability by reducing the need for labor and thus labor costs.
3. Increased accuracy: mobile robots can perform tasks accurately and repetitively, reducing the possibility of errors and improving service quality.
4. Increased safety: AMRs can work in hazardous or challenging environments without compromising worker safety.
5. Reduced wear and tear on materials: mobile robots can handle materials with care and precision, reducing the risk of damaging them.
6. Space optimization: mobile robots can move autonomously and use space more efficiently, increasing warehouse optimization.
7. Increased flexibility: one of the advantages of AMRs is that they can easily adapt to different tasks and storage requirements, which improves the flexibility of the operation.
8. Reduced downtime: mobile robots can work non-stop, reducing inactivity time.
9. Improved service quality: mobile robots can improve service quality by speeding up processes and reducing errors.
10. Increased speed: mobile robots can move quickly through the warehouse and reduce delivery times.
11. Increased load capacity: Mobile robots can transport heavy and bulky loads without the risk of injury.
12. Improved tracking and control: mobile robots can be equipped with sensors and tracking and control technology to provide real-time, up-to-date data.
13. Reduced emissions: Mobile robots are a cleaner, greener alternative to fossil-fueled transport and material handling vehicles.
14. Increased productivity: Logistics automation with mobile robots can improve overall warehouse productivity by reducing downtime and optimizing resources.
15. Increased customer satisfaction: Logistics automation with mobile robots impacts customer satisfaction by speeding up delivery times, increasing production capacity, reducing errors and improving service quality.
HOW DO MOBILE ROBOTS IMPROVE WAREHOUSE EFFICIENCY?
There are different systems for automated warehouse management (sorting systems, packaging systems, storage systems, etc.), but when it comes to material handling automation, the most efficient solution is autonomous mobile manipulation, as shown in these use cases.
Warehouse material handling automation is one of the most common and effective strategic operations in logistics environments. RB-KAIROS+ has been developed to automate this type of material handling processes, especially those that need to be carried out at different points within the same warehouse.
Despite popular perception, the incorporation of robotics or autonomous mobile handling in warehouses does not mean that the human team is no longer needed. Workers are still key in a warehouse, factory or logistics plant because of their creative and strategic capacity, which is far superior to that of mobile robots.
On the other hand, repetitive, heavy or dangerous material handling tasks can be delegated to an RB-KAIROS+ that will perform them without risk, injury or fatigue, thus allowing people to devote their efforts to more valuable tasks. The coexistence of humans and robots is already the current reality in Industry 4.0 since, an operator, after a short initial training, will be able to control and manage a mobile robot through Robotnik's Advanced User Interface.
Brenton - Case Packing and Palletizing using both Robotics and other Automation.
Brenton is a leader in robotic solutions with standard product offerings including palletizing and depalletizing for efficient an option for carrying hard-to-handle products, as well as larger scale systems with an optimized footprint; and case and carton loading solutions for numerous industries. In addition, Brenton works with customers on integrated solutions, offering robotics in a broad spectrum of robotics to fully integrate end of line systems. Brenton helps packaging customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of their consumers.