Pleora poised for its next stage of growth under the leadership of Jonathan Hou as it delivers new machine learning, embedded, and smart sensor solutions
OTTAWA, CANADA, November 4, 2020: Pleora Technologies today announced the appointment of Jonathan Hou as President. Mr. Hou brings extensive management expertise to his new position, including most recently overseeing Pleora's research & development efforts and long-term technology vision as Chief Technology Officer. He now leads an expanded management team focusing on continuing growth for the company as it celebrates 20 years in business. In conjunction with management team appointments, Harry Page and Mike Kelly announced their retirement as President and Chief Financial Officer respectively. Both are remaining with the company in advisory roles.
Entering its third decade, Pleora is now expanding into embedded, machine learning, and smart sensor technologies for the industrial automation, Industry 4.0, medical imaging, and security & defense markets. The company's new AI Gateway, which simplifies the training and deployment of machine learning for visual inspection, is now shipping to lead customers. Pleora's RuggedCONNECT Smart Video Switcher has received numerous industry awards for its unique ability to integrate scalable real-time sensor networking and AI capabilities to reduce cognitive burden for military ground vehicle crew.
"Pleora was founded on the belief that high-performance video can be delivered over Ethernet, and while scepticism was high, today our technology is widely deployed in industrial, medical, and security & defense applications," said George Chamberlain, Chief Executive Officer, Pleora Technologies. "Growing from two employees to a staff now approaching 80, we've shared a common focus on delivering the best products and support possible. We deeply appreciate the extensive contribution made by Harry and Mike in guiding our corporate direction, and they leave behind a company poised for its next stage of growth under the leadership of Jonathan and the management team."
Mr. Hou joined the company in June 2018 as Chief Technology Officer, after developing new automated quality inspection solutions for print applications as Director of Technology at Global Vision Inc. Previously he held senior management, application engineering, and software design roles in the machine vision, video, graphics and networking industries.
"Pleora is celebrating a 20-year milestone in large part thanks to its deep knowledge of the vision industry, systems understanding, and the ability to apply our expertise to help solve customer problems," said Mr. Hou. "Looking ahead, this expertise will be increasingly valuable as our customers seek new ways to leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning, and embedded capabilities to reduce costs and improve performance. Supporting these initiatives with innovative new technologies, backed by top-level support, will help fuel continuing success for Pleora and our customers."
Additional members of the Pleora management team are:
● George Chamberlain remains as CEO, and is focusing on the company's technology and business strategy.
● Jason Blore manages Pleora's R&D team as the Vice President of Engineering. Jason led the tactical implementation of Pleora's product expansion as Director of Engineering, and now assumes strategic responsibilities as the company grows its offering for new applications and markets.
● John Butler continues as Vice President of Sales and Marketing. John has been with Pleora for 12 years in regional sales and sales operations roles, and his in-depth understanding of customer challenges and requirements ensures the company's sales and marketing efforts align with the ever-evolving vision industry.
● Anis Hanna is promoted to the role of Chief Operating Officer (COO). Anis made significant contributions in leading a top-performing pre- and post-sales support team as Senior Manager of Application Engineering, and as COO will focus on strategic initiatives to further enhance customer intimacy.
● Jennifer Morris continues as Vice President of Finance and Human Resources. Jennifer joined Pleora in 2019, and brings 25 years' expertise in senior financial management roles in technology, real-estate and financial service sectors.
About Pleora Technologies
Pleora Technologies invented high-performance frame grabbers and embedded hardware for the delivery of sensor data over Gigabit Ethernet, and leads the market in interfaces for USB 3.0. With this spirit of innovation, Pleora engineers reliable sensor interfaces, a feature-rich GigE Vision and USB3 Vision compliant SDK, and embedded vision gateways for system manufacturers and camera companies serving the military, medical, and industrial automation sectors. Pleora provides end-to-end solutions that shorten time-to-market, reduce risk, and lower costs. We partner with our customers and tailor products to meet their individual needs. Find out more at pleora.com.